S&P Global is an American publicly traded corporation, with a focus on its business in the areas of financial information and analytics.
In the latest job announcement, S&P Global announces job vacancies for Cloud Database Engineer posts, with work location in Hyderabad.
Under S&P Global Hyderabad Cloud Database Engineer 2022 Jobs, candidates having required skills in Nifi, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Oracle, Postgres SQL Server, SOLR can apply.
The selected candidate will be recruited with a permanent and full-time job.
An Interested and qualified candidate has to apply through online mode.
Job Designation: Cloud Database Engineer.
Job Code: 271720.
Education Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Level: 4 to 5 years.
Job Location: Hyderabad, Gurgaon.
Apply Mode: Online.
- As a Cloud Automation Engineer you will be involved in the development and delivery of automation assets. To accomplish you will work closely with development and Database teams to effectively deliver a highly available, robust, and flexible platform and automation content, leveraging tools to facilitate the software development process along with customer and business requirements and objectives.
- The role would involve working with highly skilled cloud architects in taking up challenging internal projects in order to develop and execute complex solutions
- Be Part of Scrum teams and work on AWS Cloud projects related to divergent technologies (e.g. Cassandra,Postgres, Nifi, and Kafka).
- Maintain database including patch applications and enhancements/upgrades of environments.
- Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating routine tasks.
- Contribute to best of breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge base to aid in the product support process.
- Work with other teams within operations and peer groups like Development and QA.
- Suggest improvements to current processes and tools we use and suggest implementation ideas.
- Should be able to support on-prem, Cloud and virtualized environments.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for the kind of person who is not only a roll up the sleeves hard core database technologist, but also a passionate database team member who can lead by example and motivate their peers to excel.
- Primary Technology: Cloud Automation (Terraform or CloudFormation, Python (boto3), Automating DB tasks), NoSql (Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch)
- Secondary Technology (optional): RDBMS (MSSqlserver, Oracle)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 4 – 5 years of hands-on database administration, support and performance tuning experience
- Experience in a start-up or Agile or Dev Ops environment is a plus.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified is a plus
- Good hands on experience in development of Cloud Automation projects.
- Good hands on experience with Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Good experience with Programming Language (Python (boto3)), NoSql (Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in RDBMS (MSSqlserver, Oracle) is a huge Plus.
- Experience with AWS (understands ASG, SGs, Subnets, regions, etc foundations) and Azure(a plus)
- Experience with automating DB tasks
- IaC Pipeline experience a big plus.
- Good hands on experience in Operating Systems Linux (fluent) and Windows (expert)
- Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving Client Libraries (like JDBC), Perl, Php, Apache, Web Logic, Operating Systems, Network and Storage is a plus.
- AWS Cloud Implementation.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design including.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified job applicants have to apply through online mode, by initially registering with S&P Global career portal and login in to apply.