Today not only UPSC, Banking or IAS jobs are popular, but Railway jobs have also got huge importance over the time. In this blog, you will get to know about railway jobs and how one can easily get one.
We see that Indian Railways is the backbone of Indian government and the economy as well. The network of railway helps to connect the different states to each other.
Let us look at the benefits of Career in Railway, before talking about the prerequisites.
Benefits of Railway career:
- Job security and a stable profession
- Residential quarters for the employees
- Own school and colleges for the children of railway sector employees
- Those who are good in sports can use the sports quota and get into this field
- The salary structure of the railway employees is also quite good and along with that they even enjoy various perks such as medical facilities, transport, and even HRA.
- Subsidized food and refreshments for the employees I the canteens
How to prepare for Railway jobs?
Indian Railway jobs make the best employers in the country and the employees have access to so many benefits. The journey is free for employees and those who are sports person can easily take part in the games that are organised by the Railway.
Moreover, in case of any mis-happening during the tenure the employee is working, the child or any relative gets the compassionate job position.
There are some basic eligibility requirements for this:
How to make career in Railway shows that those who wish to get a railway job after Btech or BE needed to have 55% marks in the degree and can appear for the following exams:
- RRB ALP
- RRC group D exam
- Staff Selection Commission
- RRB NTPC
- RRB JE SSE
Different jobs for Railway career
- Indian railway personnel service
- Junior Engineer
- Assistant executive
- Station master
- Deputy general manager
- Station controller
- Junior computer operator
- Indian Railways Electrical engineer
- Indian Railway store service and many more
Group A eligibility:
One can apply for the posts if they have a bachelor degree in Engineering or MBBS. Age limit is up to 32 years.
Group B eligibility:
One cannot apply for this; the person who has been serving for Group C will be promoted to group B.
Group C Eligibility:
For this, the eligibility is 10th standard. The age eligibility varies from 30 to 33 years and depends upon the social status of a person.
Group D eligibility:
For this, the vacancies are advertised so one can visit the RRB websites or check in newspapers. So, we see that the Railway jobs are one of the most sought and popular ones for which the users and willing candidates can apply. Also, How to make career in Railway shows that the people can easily chose this career but minimum eligibility requirements need to be fulfilled for it.